Friday, October 22, 2021

Ucogi's clothes and Alice's pose

Hello everyone!
Usually I post near the end of the month, but I felt like sharing this month's progress a bit earlier.

I dressed up Ucogi. It took me over 10 days to draw her clothes. You can see most of the procedure in the following video. It might be only 5 hours long, but it shows the progress of over 40 hours of work and took 20 hours to get uploaded.



As you may know, Ucogi will be a playable character in the game MoGi Origins, and she will be losing her clothes as her life points decline. She has 205 frames, so to dress her up I had to draw 200 shirts, 200 skirts and 200 stockings. Now that she is all dressed up, I have to draw her 3rd and final state, her underwear.



I also worked a bit on Alice. Took me about 2 days to draw her new standing pose. Now her back is more straight and her arms are more distinct. And she looks more confident than in her older pose.



Titan managed to work for a couple of days as well, and he will work on the game for another 20 days during November. Regarding Titan's work, so far everything goes according to plan, and I'm happy about that. Here's what he worked on, this month:

• Several NPC have different dialogue after an event occurs (eg. when the MoGi appear)
• Rudy shows the idle animation after a few secs
• Rudy fires short range blue laser with lv1 weapon (she needs to start weak)
• Rudy fires with slower frequency (so that her transformations feel stronger)
• Shade when Rudy rolls (to imply that she cannot get hit)
• New lifebar for Ucogi and Alice (to show when they lose their clothes, at least for testing)
• Alice's moves and buttons are altered. Her special moves cost energy.
• Alice now has a backdash move (but I haven't tested it yet)
• Dressed Ucogi exists in the game



I just started working on this, but I hope you like how Ucogi looks like in her underwear! Just a few hundred drawings more, and she will be completed. Constructive criticism is very welcome.



Talk soon!



5 comments:

  1. Looking good dude. I've been following since the offbeatr days. I can't wait for the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long journey and it took a lot of effort and sacrifices to get here. Looking at how long other indie games took to be developed (Owlboy - 9 years, AM2R - 10 years, Iconoclasts - 8 years) and the fact that I haven't quit and I keep working on this non-stop, is a great motivator on its own.

      But a few good words here and there also help a lot, since most of the time I work on my own, without much feedback. So, thank you. It mean a lot that you are still around and that you like what we have done.

      Delete
    2. Also here since Offbeatr. Looking forward toward what is to come!

      Delete
  2. I've been following your progress for a long time. To be honest, I didn't know that you've been working on this game for a long time...what, 10 years? Unbelievable! Well, even if I was wrong, you've been working on this for a very long time. It's fascinating. Just like the game itself. I look forward to continuing👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We started on July 2013, based on the monstergirl designs I made for my card game back in 2012. We had a hell of development hell and we tried pretty much everything possible so that the project won't sink. A good chunk of my life went into this, and I do hope it pays off in the and. Thank you, and I'm glad you liking the game.

      Delete