Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Light at the end of the tunnel


Veins here.

I took a break from the game during the last week of August. I haven't been on vacations in over 3 years and I needed some time off to rest, relax and reflect. There is no denial that MoGi Origins went through development hell and the delays have damaged the project in many ways. Without getting into details, I proposed a viable plan to Titan, he agreed to it and now we are back working on the game at full speed!


We are working like crazy for almost a week now. Some of the things we did include:
AI
Succogi's jump height, and how she moves. Jump and camera. VS portraits, Succogi stuck and double broom bug. Voms sex (Succogi) added. Alice spaceship movie. Toxic cloud splash sfx bug. Succogi's battle go faster as her health drops. Blue falling on platforms bug. Labs door links. Ucogi highjump fix. Ucogi has remnants of her old art in the game. Review the puzzles in the newlabs. Certain hazards kill the player. Blue sex scene added. Gold's fire. Mushrooms fruit delay. Particle beams. Many updates in Labs. Removed random hum audio bugs. Many bug fixes. 3d audio in fire and sprinklers. And Voms swing controls is now [Forward, Forward, Attack].


 


There's still a lot to be done, but if everything goes well, most of Voms' programming could be done during September. Then I can spend November finalizing some art, and during October, Titan could finish up the programming of the rest of the characters. Now, that's the best case scenario, as I would have to deal with a lot of art and animations, sfx, music, cutscenes, presentation, populate some levels and so on. So I will probably need another month or two to finish any remaining designs. But the main thing is that I would be working with Titan like the old days, without delays. And in the end, the game will be finally released!


Some of the things that remain to be done: Ucogi dressed, Alice's sprites, Alice Boss fight, Enforcers arrive cutscene, Gold and Okami sprite scenes, secret Ucogi sprite scenes, ending cutscene, puzzle levels, Stheno sex scene, a few bosses for playable characters other than Voms. Sfx, testing, presentation, bug fixes, better cheat menu.

 


There were plans to release a new Beta, but I decided to focus on the game's release. This might displease some, but due to personal issues, we need to rush and complete the game, with as few compromises as possible.

I hope I will have more good news soon! Take care!



16 comments:

  1. We've been waiting a new Beta since May. Now you are telling there will be no Beta at all. VERY DISAPPOINTING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed back in May I said that we plan to release a new Beta *if everything goes well*. Things didn't go well and we weren't as close I thought we were. That said, there was a huge progress between May and now, as you can see in the previous Blog-posts.

      Game dev is not easy. But it's easier to criticize instead of wanting to know the reason.

      Sorry to disappoint, but compromises have to be made for the good of the game. Trading the Beta for a full game release, I'd say it's not a bad deal. I need to focus on the forest, not the trees.

      Delete
  2. I am jealous people beat me to the update but i like the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get excited just thinking about particle beams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By "particle beams" I'm referring to the 2nd screenshot. It's a hazard that Voms needs to avoid.

      Sometimes I wonder if the time we spend on these unique challenges was worth it. For me it changes the pace of the game and it expands the world building. I hope they will be received well.

      Delete
    2. i think the challenges are great

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Your irony is justified, because we had many delays and problems. But I'm still here, posting our monthly progress. To me that shows persistence and devotion. And it's almost a miracle this project kept on going.

      Without getting into details, I can say that just this month, me and Titan had a long talk, and we made a new agreement regarding the work that needs to be done. I hope this sounds like good news to you.

      You probably don't care much about this. But really, having an Anon or two complain, doesnt help. I don't even know what you want... A half-assed game so that you can complain even more about it? You put me in a lose-lose situation here. If you want to discuss anything of value, I'm here. Just ask.

      I said in my last reply that "it's easier to criticize instead of wanting to know the reason"... but I guess you don't care. The thing is that I do care. Not about your opinion (I dont even know who you are), but about the game. That's the goal.

      Look, I don't mind criticism, and I do want to improve the game and finish it. But you're only pointing fingers. Thank you for liking the game, just enough to be here and complain about it! But I'm really doing my best here. And I'm fighting on several fronts.

      Delete
  5. free demo update would be awsome :)
    but do your thing i realy like the game/demo so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wanted to update the demo for a few months now but I don't think we have time for that now. The demo sucks compared to the current version... you have to crouch to use the sub-weapons? That was so bad! I'm glad we changed that.

      Delete
  6. I can feel the frustration for the huge delays, but seriously, I'm happy that you still continue on the game. It takes courage to not give up hang on! Looking forward to more updates and maybe a final game next year. Keep up the good work :)

    PS: I'd be happy if I could purchase the final version on itch.io.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm currently aiming for Steam.

      Delete
  7. if you think you can release mid December, i think that is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can release something mid December, that would be a demo. I will know more in a month or so.

      Delete