I didn't post on November since I had nothing big to mention. I edited however, October's post with minor updates. I was really down, waiting on Titan and other programmers, while also waiting for the recover of my Hard Drive. I was taking everything as they came and it felt like a very unsettling month.
During December things went better, but for every good thing, something bad happened.
1) Titan worked for a couple of days. He still hasn't finished with the things I gave him since September.
2) I got my recovered MoGi folder. I don't think that I can open more than 5% of my work. That's sounds bad, but I still have options. The good thing is that the MoGi project is in the cloud and my MoGi notes are also safe (over 150 pages in Word). Some things however weren't in the game, such as Ucogi's underwear sprites. With Ucogi's files not working, I would have to improvise on how to proceed from here. There are options, like Data Recovery, other technicians or even merging the nude with the clothed sprites.
3) I spent $220 to buy Stellar Data Recovery, in order to scan my old HDs, trying to salvage any deleted work of mine. Slim chance, and I have to go through dozens of folders and sort them out.
4) I got new contact lenses because my eyes suck, but they cost $500. They are new models, that I hope that I would get used to. There is a global shortage, so I had to wait for months to get them.
5) I bought Windows 11 but the interface sucks, so I also got StartAllBack to cope with the madness.
6) I bought Office 2020 and it was crap, so I went back to my lovely Word 2007. All these newer programs are so cluttered and convoluted. Same goes with Photoshop. They keep adding "useless" stuff, turning them into monsters. I guess they need to sell new copies, so they add new shit.
7) I also bought a new UPS to protect my PC. The old one died.
8) Freemake Video Converter used to be $200 and now it's about $60. It's a program that helps me with fast video conversion and size. But yeah, lot's of expenses lately.
9) I gave away many things (clothes, shoes, cups etc.) to various charities. Nothing negative about that. I decluttered my house, earned some space, sorted my things and it all feels good!
10) I got my creative mood back, but I can't work on MoGi until Titan finishes.
11) I found 2 other programmers, but I'm worried that they may not be reliable.
12) I'm thinking of starting a new project while I wait for Titan, but the fans might disapprove because I won't be focusing on MoGi. I do need to keep my self busy while my muse talks to me. Or I will end up crazy from waiting. Yes, my muse is Ucogi. Maybe I'm already crazy.
I was also trying to figure out what happened to my backup files. I was certain that I had a backup HD. It turns out that I had 5 backup HDs during the last decade.
2012 - that HD died when it fell down 1 inch, while running. I lost about 2 weeks of work, specifically the Flash file "Ucogi in snow" (the winter version of the picture above).
2013a - I checked that HD and although it runs, it doesn't open on my PC.
2013b - This HD works. But has my work until, you guessed it, 2013.
2020-2022 - I erased this HD because I wanted space for my photos, and I forgot to replace it.
2022 - The HD that I try to recover for the past 4 months. I'm not satisfied with the results, so I will take it to another technician soon. Hopefully, with Ucogi's help, things will look brighter.
Happy 2023 everyone! And may Ucogi smile upon you!