Saturday, December 31, 2022

Dark December

Hello everyone. 

I didn't post on November since I had nothing big to mention. I edited however, October's post with minor updates. I was really down, waiting on Titan and other programmers, while also waiting for the recover of my Hard Drive. I was taking everything as they came and it felt like a very unsettling month.

During December things went better, but for every good thing, something bad happened.
1) Titan worked for a couple of days. He still hasn't finished with the things I gave him since September.
2) I got my recovered MoGi folder. I don't think that I can open more than 5% of my work. That's sounds bad, but I still have options. The good thing is that the MoGi project is in the cloud and my MoGi notes are also safe (over 150 pages in Word). Some things however weren't in the game, such as Ucogi's underwear sprites. With Ucogi's files not working, I would have to improvise on how to proceed from here. There are options, like Data Recovery, other technicians or even merging the nude with the clothed sprites.
3) I spent $220 to buy Stellar Data Recovery, in order to scan my old HDs, trying to salvage any deleted work of mine. Slim chance, and I have to go through dozens of folders and sort them out.
4) I got new contact lenses because my eyes suck, but they cost $500. They are new models, that I hope that I would get used to. There is a global shortage, so I had to wait for months to get them.
5) I bought Windows 11 but the interface sucks, so I also got StartAllBack to cope with the madness.
6) I bought Office 2020 and it was crap, so I went back to my lovely Word 2007. All these newer programs are so cluttered and convoluted. Same goes with Photoshop. They keep adding "useless" stuff, turning them into monsters. I guess they need to sell new copies, so they add new shit.
7) I also bought a new UPS to protect my PC. The old one died.
8) Freemake Video Converter used to be $200 and now it's about $60. It's a program that helps me with fast video conversion and size. But yeah, lot's of expenses lately.
9) I gave away many things (clothes, shoes, cups etc.) to various charities. Nothing negative about that. I decluttered my house, earned some space, sorted my things and it all feels good!
10) I got my creative mood back, but I can't work on MoGi until Titan finishes.
11) I found 2 other programmers, but I'm worried that they may not be reliable.
12) I'm thinking of starting a new project while I wait for Titan, but the fans might disapprove because I won't be focusing on MoGi. I do need to keep my self busy while my muse talks to me. Or I will end up crazy from waiting. Yes, my muse is Ucogi. Maybe I'm already crazy.

I was also trying to figure out what happened to my backup files. I was certain that I had a backup HD. It turns out that I had 5 backup HDs during the last decade.
2012 - that HD died when it fell down 1 inch, while running. I lost about 2 weeks of work, specifically the Flash file "Ucogi in snow" (the winter version of the picture above).
2013a - I checked that HD and although it runs, it doesn't open on my PC.
2013b - This HD works. But has my work until, you guessed it, 2013.
2020-2022 - I erased this HD because I wanted space for my photos, and I forgot to replace it.
2022 - The HD that I try to recover for the past 4 months. I'm not satisfied with the results, so I will take it to another technician soon. Hopefully, with Ucogi's help, things will look brighter.

Happy 2023 everyone! And may Ucogi smile upon you!



8 comments:

  1. IT IS! This guy is so incompetent on his field so he didn't even bother to make a regular backups for his work! Unforgivable oversight for such profession. Plus his programmer is obviously not interested in this project anymore. I am deafenetly not surprised in such an outcome coz I've been watching their work for pretty long time (9 years!). Hope he will retire soon after this GRAND EPIC FAIL! Software engeneering/game development is not his at all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things get better for you, and that all the negativity doesn't get you down. If you need a break, or want to stop, then go ahead. Whatever is best for your mental and physical health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support. I do feel better and I was very creative this last month. But I realized how easy and scary it is to just lose interest in something or just not having the mood or drive to do anything. During October-November I was like that and felt the closest I have ever been to depression. This also happened for a couple of days during January, but in a shorter and lighter manner. I was always a very creative person but I shouldn't get my creativity for granted.

      I try to not let the negate comments affect me much. I know I do the best I can under the circumstances. I assume that these comments come from people who don't want to start a conversation or have any discussions. Maybe they don't care, or maybe they just want to express their disappointment.

      But they should know that building something is hard, and it is easier and more common for something to fail than to succeed. At least I'm still here trying to make this work.

      Delete
  3. What a bunch of dicks , game more then half done ✅ you got this shit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I fucking got this. I just need to find a good and reliable programmer.

      Delete
  4. Friend, hello! How are you there? How are you? I haven't heard from you for a long time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for asking. I'm mostly okay. It was a weird month. I worked on some side games to uplift my creative mood, I participated in a couple of small contests and I got new contact lenses which I still try to get used to.

      Now I try to find the mood to get back on MoGi, but Titan hasn't done absolutely anything in 2 months and the whole project starts feeling like a huge chore at this point. I need to find a reliable guy, and to do that I need to be very focused and prepared to spend a couple of months of non stop working at any possible hour. And I try to deal with dealing with that.

      Delete