Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Working on GM2

Happy new year everyone! It's been a while since I posted. 

There hasn't been much extra progress but the conversion of MoGi Origins from GameMaker1 to GameMaker 2 is 99% complete! Everything works as is should, even new glitches that were worrying me, like a black screen each time the player changes rooms. Now, the conversion is almost completely fixed, except for the sex scenes.

The sex scenes are quite complex to implement. I remember when we had a "white screen" problem, back when we were running every animation as a PNG sequence and the memory couldn't.t handle it. Then, the programmer used a special plug-in, made specifically for GM1, and that worked perfectly. But this plug-in doesn't work in GM2. I tried a bunch of video formats for GM2, but they don't loop seamlessly when I play the game. And even when they play well in my PC, they wouldn't work well in my new programmer's PC. And obviously the game must run smoothly in every computer. So this is the problem I'm trying to fix now. The GameMaker forums and Discord don't have a solution for this issue, so I have to figure this out on my own.

Once this is problem is solved, I will resume working on the development of MoGi Origins once more.

As a side-note, it's been a year since the original programmer, Titan, ghosted me. Usually I don't want to assume things, so I waited. He could have been in an accident for all I knew. But I spoke to his sister and I know now for a fact that he is fine. It saddens me to admit this, but after 10 years of friendship and hardship, I consider this bridge burnt.

Other than that, I had the time to check what was saved from my broken Hard Drive. So far, most crucial files are recovered, but there are some loses. These 3 Ucogi images for example do not exist any more as Flash files, and I can't edit them or render them in higher resolution.


That said, I gave the Hard Drive to the technician to run a deeper and slower scan, and hopefully he would be able to recover these files. It's been over 4 months (maybe even 5) since I gave him my HD, and these Ucogi images were in the folders I wanted him to recover.

9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about titan , but your progress is at its peak your doing amazing πŸ‘ proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say. You're very obsessed about what was on your hard drive. It might have been smarter to have done some other kind of work easier than game development to buy good equipment before undertaking something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also people normally do not stay friends for over 10 years, its actually weird if you have a friend for that long to be honest, most people drift away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 2 things you mention work in a similar manner in my head. Both art and friends is time invested. Therefore, I value both time and friendship. Call me sentimental or maybe its a glitch in my head, but i want things to last. I don't even throw away my doodles, let alone people that I consider to be my real friends.

      Ghosting someone that has been there for you during hard times, is like a betrayal. Also, I gave Titan a bunch of copyright free music that I bought and lost. But it's all water under a bridge now.

      I did some other kind of work before MoGi Origins and I had all the equipment that I needed. I just wasn't very strict with my backups. That said, I got back the final recovery of my HD last week, and I realized that a lot has been recovered, even the 3 images that I mention on this post. There were loses, but I'm very pleased!

      Delete
    2. Hey veins you doing ok ? Im still checking regularly

      Delete
    3. Yes, I'm okay.

      I actually managed to recover the 3 Ucogi images after locating a lost and mislabeled old Hard Drive.

      Also, I managed to recover the 3 last updated maps (they depict puzzles in the level design where the player has to solve, in order to reach the hostages).

      And lastly, I managed to find out a decent video format for the MoGi sex scenes. I would have to convert over 70 videos in that format. Also the new programmer will return from the army in a month from now, to resume his duties in the MoGi game.

      In short, things are getting done :)

      Delete
    4. Omg thats wonderful news! This project will be known as a legend after everything its been through it will be worth it

      Delete
  4. Hey viens , i hope everything is going well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay strong, we're all rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete